Wednesday 29 September 2010

Wednesday extra - 28th September 2010

You'll need to get your paintbrushes and paints at the ready for today's extra feature, as this time, we have a 'just for fun' mini challenge for you :-) 
You can load your brush to splodge, flick, drip or dry-brush your paint.  Use acrylic, water colours, oils - we're a-freestylin' and anything goes!  The only criteria is that you use paint in some way, shape or form on a LO. 

And here's a few LO's from several of the DT girls - each of us has used varying paint techniques to achieve contrasting styles and effects on our pages.

Amanda has used H2O watercolour paints to create a wonderfully vibrant background for her page:


Amanda said:
The background was created with a few brush strokes, some flicking and some splodging. Yes, those are the technical terms ;) I also added a bit of stamping, as I noticed my little pile of acrylic stamps that I collected in my old Kenner Road kits, some of which I've never even used. This page came together very quickly. There's something liberating about making a mess and literally throwing things at the page! I didn't overthink this one, which is something I tend to do too often, and it was a lot of fun :)

Fabi has created this gorgeous page using a mixture of masking with watercolours and dry brushing with acrylic paints:


Nic has used white acrylic paint to highlight a small section of her background, then painted crackle glaze over the top to achieve a broken distressed feel.  The two border accents have also been coated in a thin layer of watered down acrylic that has been mixed with perfect pearls to achieve an irridesent glaze.


So, how will you use your paints???  We'd love to see your LO's, so if you'd like to play along, please upload your painty pages using the link tool in this post - you have until 6th October to upload and we'll choose one, maybe two of our favourite pages from this challenge to showcase on the blog :-)  Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. As I said again, coincidences aside, just do a LO using acrylic paint! I'm still not very comfortable to use them on my pages, but slowly I'm getting used ... rsrs! Bjs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loves loves loves paint :) and making a mess!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!