Sunday 5 December 2010

Sunday Challenge 5th December 2010

Do you ever get finished on a LO and then sit and look at it for ages trying to think up a witty title? I know that I do, so this week's challenge was a revelation for me...

This week it's a simple one. Maybe you do this all the time or maybe you can't bear the thought of it... scrap a page without a title.

It's harder than you think as our design team discovered!

Please welcome Julie Dix to the design team for December. Here is her first LO of the month:



Amanda:

It did feel odd not putting a title on my page! To overcome the feeling that something was missing, I made sure to place little details in areas where I might usually consider putting my title. I filled the area beneath my photo with vintage seam binding and my journaling, my date was placed to the left of the pic and a flower embellishment to the right. I then added a little border strip above my picture. That way I wasn't tempted to slap a title in any of those spots!


Anna:
This photo is my brother and sister-in-law just before they had my nephew. I kind of used the heart for my title and made a bit more of the journaling to fill the space where the title should be! I thought this challenge was going to be more difficult than it was, it's great to use it when you really can't think of a title for a layout, like me with this photo!

Fabi:
I tried to think of an layout like a painting, so a title was not needed...
This was quite a challenge as I never scrap without titles. We are all looking forward to see your creations!

Here the details from the journaling:



Lisa:


Sometimes a page doesn't need a title I guess. The photos and journaling says it all.

Nic:
This challenge did challenge me - creating a LO without a title felt rather strange, looking back through my albums, every single LO I've ever made has a title. As not having a title felt a bit different I decided to downsize from my normal 12 x 12", instead making a 5 x 7" sized LO using an old photo of all my grandparents to fill a photo frame. This is the LO:

and here it is in the photoframe:



Rebekah:

I found a great LO in a UK magazine this week by Katharyn Brine and I lifted it here for this week's challenge. Actually, it didn't start out as being for this week's challenge but when I finished it I couldn't think of a three word title and I wanted it to be a three word title because that's what Katharyn had done and it looked so good. So I decided to leave the LO as it is. It does seem slightly unfinished to me, but perhaps it'll grow on me?! :)


Tessa:
I went through the last fifty or so layouts I've made and could only find a couple that didn't have a title. Titles are something I struggle with sometimes, so I'm grateful that this challenge inspired me to change up my thinking about actually needing one.



Valerie:
No title - this was hard for me. I go through phases with titling - sometimes it's really big, sometimes really small. I'm not one for big 'punny' or cutesy titles. I did learn with this challenge, though, that I always include some kind of title on my layouts. I also learned that I can't make a layout without graphic type elements. So here's what I came up with. No title specifically, but still managed to use my beloved graphic elements:

materials: cardstock: Bazzill; patterned cardstock, letter stickers: Echo Park; tape: Tim Holtz; stamp: Hero Arts; metallic accents: Ranger; date stamp: office supply

5 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love what everyone created! What an AWESOME challenge! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting to see my layout up there! Loving everyone else's take on the challenge, it was definitely a tough one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work ladies - I am so inspired by this challenge to get words on the page in other ways besides adding title. Thanks for all this inspo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Jules!! Glad you could join us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!