Sunday 3 April 2011

3th April - Layout Challenge

Everyone ready for other layout challenge?!

This weeks challenge is to create a page about a place that is significant to you - What does that place mean to you? Maybe it has great memories or not so great memories. It could be a town, a house or even a whole country.

Here's what the design team have come up with:

Anna
Clevedon is by the sea not too far from us we always used to go there as children with my Nan and Grandad , we used to say that Grandad's car only knew the way to Clevedon! So when it was my Nan Birthday recently there was only one place we had to go!!

Heather
My husband and I LOVE scuba diving and when we were challenged to scrap about a special place, under the sea immediately came to mind. We love how peaceful it is underwater. Often times towards the end of a long dive we start to get a little silly and take self-portraits, like these. These are actually the "normal" pics...we usually cross our eyes or take our regulators out to make a silly face or just do something super silly. Of course we always keep nature and safety our #1 priority.
 Lisa

We love to go to Mudeford. Down by the sea. We go all times of year, cold, sunny and rainy too. We always have so much fun here, down on the beach, wandering by the boats, making bacon rolls, playing on the grass and crab catching.
We love it here.

Nadia


Teresa
I have loved the beach since I was a little girl - I can't remember not having a good time while playing in the water and finding creatures in the sand and among the rocks.  It's a magical place, and I'm so glad my children love it just as much as I do.
I took this photo on Australia Day a couple of months ago, as we were walking back to the car after a perfect day at the beach.

Amanda has also joined in this week with her take on the challenge
My layout features a local town which is a popular holiday destination, but I've never really liked it. It's got a bit of a reputation for drugs and anti-social teens around here. That said, it doesn't stop the tourists queueing up the road outside my house all summer to visit there ;) When I was looking through my photos I noticed that despite my dislike of the place, it does look really nice in the photos. I guess beauty really is only skin deep, right?

I experimented with vellum on this page - layering it over the busy patterned paper to tone it down a bit. I'm not really sure how much I like how it turned out, and I had a heck of a job sewing it down straight! I will try it again though, before giving up completely!

Julie also joined in too!
In Sedona, Arizona, there is this Catholic Church that is built right into the mountains.  Even though I personally do not practice in this religion, we always make sure we visit this church when we visit Sedona.  It is a beautiful church, and you can't help feel at peace when you visit it... 

Where's your place? We would love to see it and hear about it so please link it up.

4 comments:

  1. I love love love love what everyone created!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love this challenge! I can't wait to work on my LO. Lots of great pages here for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! The Dt created some awesome pages for this challenge! I can think of a few places that are special to me right now... Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the challenge and the pages very, very, very beautiful! I just sent my page, a very special place that you a view that is almost a postcard! I hope you enjoy my LO! Kisses girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!