Wednesday 1 June 2011

Wednesday Extra: Ink Foam Pad Storage

We all know that foam applicators are the perfect tools for giving our paper crafts an "inked" touch.  But what do you do with all of your foam pads when you're done? Throw them out? Toss them in a drawer?  Irini has a fabulous idea for storing your foam applicators in a beautiful and organized way.

This is my new storage box for
my ink foam pads!!!!


You need 2 pieces of chipboard 8 inches x 9inches
and a strip for the backbone of the box
measuring 2cm x 23cm
.78"x 9"
add a layer of gesso then decorate...

collect 20 match boxes
adhere then to a strip of chipboard

and if you want colour them...
I misted them with
Maya Road Tangerine Metallic mist

adhere strip of chipboard
to a piece of paper...
I misted the paper and used a punch to
decorate the edges...

Start assembling...

I named each box...



I do not have many distress ink pads
so I only stuck match boxes to one side of the box
If you have many ink pads you can adhere match boxes
to the other side of the box too.......

this is how it will look inside with the ink pads in place

The inspiration came from this link
 
Thanks Irini!  If you give this idea a try, we'd love to see your box.  Have any other creative storage ideas? We'd love to hear them!  Just leave us a link in the comments.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is soooooooooooooo AWESOME Irini!! I loveeeeeeeeeee it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!